Friday, July 30, 2010
Welcome to Daytrotter Movie Trailer
A little tid bit from the Daytrotter site: "Daytrotter -- One band a day, every day, 28 Daytrotter Session songs each week. What Daytrotter is attempting to do is to not kid around with you and tell you that we found something that you never knew existed. We are going to contribute to the musical landscape, not just toss it around like a used book or a stolen pick-up line. We’re going to give you something that you truly have never heard. We are not giving you songs from someone you love’s record album, thereby stealing from someone you love. We’re giving you exclusive, re-worked, alternate versions of old songs and unreleased tracks by some of your favorite bands and by a lot of your next favorite bands." What they're doing is beautiful! Check them out and download some truly wonderful recordings from truly wonderful artists.
"Terra Firma (Behold! The Gaucho)" by Specific Oceans
This is a great band from my hometown. All of these guys are incredibly nice and incredibly talented. This music video is a lot of fun (just like their music). Give them a listen! You won't regret it!
I love the idea of "green living" along with the look and efficiency of this apartment. I can't get over the creativity of it all. I'm impressed, to say the least.
Ah, simplicity! How I love you so! I enjoy the look of the furniture and the physics of it all. Not having to worry about moving objects on and off of shelves to transform the room is really nice.
Posted by Claggie at 3:10 PM
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
1. Ice cream! Who doesn't love ice cream? Find a nice ice cream shop and get a few scoops or go out and buy your own carton. It's delicious either way. I suggest Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream or make your own with Smitten Kitchen's buttermilk ice cream recipe. Mmmmm. (Image via Laura Taylor)
2. Iced coffee, with a twist! Instead of putting regular ice in your coffee, why not make the ice cubes out of coffee? Simple, but effective and your coffee doesn't get watered down! I love that the ice is shaped like coffee beans. I must get one of these adorable trays! (Product via Cool Beans, Seen via Swiss-Miss)
3. Read a book by the pool. When you start to get hot, you can always jump right into the water or even float around and relax on a raft. I'm currently rereading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. This is my favorite book and author, hands down. Start a book club and discuss with friends! It makes for a great conversation and is a lot of fun.
4. Take a road trip without a destination. Drive until your surroundings are unfamiliar, pick a restaurant you've never been to and enjoy the spontaneity! Who knows, you might find a nice gem and return in the future. I suggest bringing a camera and make sure to have a great summer playlist at hand. Song suggestions: "Zebra" by Beach House, "Maximalist" by Baths, "Feel It All Around" by Washed Out, "Casual Goodbye" by Bear In Heaven, "Stranger Things" by Local Natives, "Animal Tracks" by Mountain Man, "INTIL" by Menomena, and "Ridin' In My Car" by She & Him
5. Make your own slip 'n' Slide. This makes me incredibly nostalgic for my first neighborhood. All of the neighborhood kids would get together and create our own fun. There's nothing better than getting together with friends, running through sprinklers, slip 'n' slides, water balloon/squirt gun fights, and ending it all with ice cream.
Any suggestions on fun ways to keep cool amidst the summer heat?
Posted by Claggie at 2:47 PM