Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jamaica





































































































































I had the amazing opportunity to go to Jamaica earlier this summer with my "Roots, Fruits, & Jamaican Ecologies" class. It was my first chance to make it out of the country and it definitely made me hungry for more! The culture was completely different and everything about it was incredibly beautiful. We stayed for two weeks. One week we stayed up at Holywell in the Blue and John Crow Mountains. The second week we spent at Ambassobeth, which was in the Rio Grande valley. We only had power for a few hours every night. I have to say, I really enjoyed that. I could see more stars than I have ever been able to see and one night, I saw four shooting stars within a couple of minutes. It was wonderful! I grew a lot from the experience and although this is only a short description of the time, I made some great friends and learned a lot. If you ever get the chance to go to Jamaica, don't stay in a resort! Go out in the country! It's such a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! <3