Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A mix tape that is bound to make you smile

"It takes courage to be willing to meet myself over and over again, seeing in my own face more beauty and grace and ability to love than I had hoped for, more judgment and impatience and need than I had feared. I forget that it does not matter how far or fast I move, but only how much of myself I take along for the journey." Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Sometimes I need to remind myself that even though life can be hard at times, I need to stay optimistic. It's incredible how telling yourself "today is going to be a good day" makes such a difference. I have to remind myself that there are so many people, opportunities, and beautiful things in life that I need to be thankful for, all of the time. I am surrounded by so much love, even when I'm drowning in stress. I'm alive and I need to be grateful for that. One of my favorite things in life is meeting new people and getting to know them. If any of you bloggers out there would like a pen pal, let me know! I'd absolutely love it!

My birthday is coming up next month and I have a feeling that my 22nd year of life is going to be the best one yet. I hope everyone is having a great week so far and here's my mix tape! I hope it makes you smile like it does me!



1. I Want the World to Stop, Belle & Sebastian
2. Camera Talk, Local Natives
3. Empty Room, Arcade Fire
4. Natural's Not In, Gang of Four
5. You Remind me of Home, Ben Gibbard
6. Kings of the Wild Frontier, Adam & The Ants
7. Terra Firma (Behold! The Gaucho), Specific Oceans
8. Bowl of Oranges, Bright Eyes

6 comments:

  1. Some really awesome songs on your list, but I'm even more excited about those I haven't heard yet.
    And I completely agree with you about being optimistic. It's important and sometimes hard to do. I try to write in a gratitude journal every night and start the morning with some good positive statements (as silly as that may sound).
    P.S. I think you'll love year 22 -- it's my favorite number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, too! <3

    You're a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi, I love the idea of that gratitude journal! I should try that! I'm really looking forward to this upcoming year. I have some really great people in my life and I just have such a wonderful feeling about it. Maybe 22 will be my new favorite number!

    Bridget, I love you! You definitely inspired this blog post. I loved our conversation last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're still so young, I just turned 27 and really honestly, nothing has changed from 22 except I hang out with better people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's kind of an amazing mixtape. go you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! <3